Tuesday, November 01, 2016

November 1st 2016 Or Halloween Part Two!

"And I rose in rainy autumn and
 walked abroad in a shower of all my days..."

~Joe L. Wheeler

November 1st has always been more than just November 1st to me, it was and is Halloween: Part Two. You see, when I was a child, my friends and I were get together during playtime at school, or sometimes after school, and talk about what we got in our Trick or Treat bags, or how many other ghosts and ghouls we saw on our travels the night before! We always shared if we saw a genuine witch or vampire, which of course we never did, but we sure did hope for that! And while it never happened, I still hold some hope that one day, one autumn day I hope, I be lucky enough to not just see something of the other world, but photograph it. It should be a dark autumn day. Cold too. Halloween would be perfect, but it's a little too cliche! 

We didn't see many monsters at our door last night, which made Alan and I a little sad. We bought a TON of candy... which now... more for me! But we are in our first house and I worry that life will deal us a hand... a sad hand... and there won't be a lot of Halloweens left. I don't know. I think I am beginning to feel my age in some ways. I am okay, but I have a lot more grey hair this year, then I did last year, that's for sure! LOL. Life has it's own set of rules, and we don't get to change it's mind! It just is, what it is.

Anyway... enough of that! Alan and I had a wonderful day. We got take out from our favorite restaurant, and snuggled under a big blanket, and watched spooky movie, after spooky movie, until it was time to carve Punky and get the candy pumpkin ready! We watched Psycho, and The Amityville Horror, and The Messengers, and finished Halloween with, what else, Practical Magic! My favorite autumn movie! It was a good day. Every day we are together is a good day!



 Leaf Of The Day
November 1st 2016





 Mood: Happy

~Me :)


No comments: