Friday, October 07, 2016

What About Breakfast At Tiffany's?



 "To live is the rarest thing in the world.
 Most people exist, that is all."

~Oscar Wilde

I have always love Breakfast At Tiffany's. I have always been just a little jealous of Holly! She lived her life, the way she wanted! Most of society turned their noses up at Holly Golightly, but Holly didn't care! Lucky her. Don't get me wrong, I have pretty much lived the life I wanted, and made the choices I wanted, and lived moment to moment at times, but I never learned to not carry the opinions of others along with me! Why have I let others tell me NO? Or YOU CAN'T! Or SHAME ON YOU! Or my personal favorite, TOO BAD YOU NEVER LIVED UP TO YOUR POTENTIAL, because I wasn't interested in a career.

Why did I care about what they think?

The ones who didn't have to live my life?

I don't anymore! But thinking about my upcoming tests
 has me a bit contemplative I suppose. 

What will a positive cancer test mean?

It will mean a significant change in my life, and different opportunities that I would choose voluntarily I suppose.
 People go through it every day.
 Death is a door we will all go through one day. 

Shrug.

I think at the moment I want to go through the rest of my
 life just like Holly.

On my own terms.

Not giving a flying...ahem...fuck.

And in the end... being vulnerable... but strong enough to admit it!




Leaf Of The Day
October 7th, 2016


Mood: Quiet But Okay

~Me :)
 

No comments: