Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Art About Town: San Francisco "Large Four Piece Reclining Figure"

 "Large Four Piece Reclining Figure."
1973

"Everyone has their own ways of expression. I believe we all have a lot to say, but finding ways to say it is more than half the battle."

~Criss Jami
Salome: In Every Inch In Every Mile

It's been such a long time since I posted a new entry to my series, Art About Town, so while I was in San Francisco last Saturday, I just had to capture at least one piece of public art for the blog! Public art is everywhere in San Francisco, which is one of the reasons I love it there so much! This particular piece is by Henry Moore, and it sits on the corner of Van Ness and Grove streets, near the Civic Center. It's bronze, and there are seven casts of this piece located around the world. I am planning to do some additional photos of this piece, hopefully before the end of autumn. When I do, I will update the group in my Flickr Public Art album so you can see the additional photographs! 

Leaf Of The Day
October 11th, 2016




Mood: Happy

~Me :)


 

No comments: