Monday, December 07, 2015

As Seen From The Porch

"Tree planting is always a utopian enterprise, it seems to me, a
wager on a future the planter doesn't necessarily expect to witness."

~Michael Pollan
Second Nature: A Gardener's Education

My house was built in 1962, and when it and the neighborhood was planned the tree choice was made either by the developer, or the city of Stockton, I am not sure which, but one thing is for sure, whoever did the planning couldn't possibly know how happy the trees around here make me! This is the view of the tree, which stands in my neighbor's yard, from my front porch. I love the way this tree transitioned from dull green leaves to a vibrant yellow this autumn. There was a tree in my yard, but the man who owned it before us decided one day, for some unknown reason, to cut it down, thoroughly pissing off his  real estate agent! LOL. 

One of the things we asked for when we bough the house was for a new tree to replace the one he cut down. The former own complied, per the list of allowed trees by the city, and in a couple years my little red Japanese Maple will be giving this tree a run for it's money on producing gorgeous autumn leaves! I can't wait. I love the trees here in Stockton!They make me ridiculously happy!


Leaf Of The Day
December 7th 2015
 
Mood: Happy

~Me :)


No comments: