Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Altamont Sunrise

"I love that this morning's sunrise does not define itself by last night's sunset."

~Steve Maraboli

Heartwork
By Suzy Kassem

Each day is born with a sunrise
and ends in a sunset, the same way we
open our eyes to see the light,
and close them to hear the dark.

You have no control over 
how your story begins or ends.
But by now, you should know that
all things have an ending.

Every spark returns to darkness.
Every sound returns to sleep
with the earth.

This journey of the sun
and moon is predictable.
But yours is your ultimate ART."

Isn't that a stunning sunrise, and don't the words of that poem fit it nicely? That is how the sunrise looked over the Altamont Pass yesterday morning. I got to enjoy it for about 40 minutes or so, and the colors kept changing first from a soft, almost depressing shade of violet, into this vibrant red/gold sky that reminded me of a type of rose I had grown while living in Berkeley. It's hard knowing I will probably never be able to afford the home prices in the Bay Area again, but at the same time I am coming to terms with that fact, and it hasn't killed me. In fact, I seem to be finding the art in my sadness and that is the best therapy of all! Picking up the camera makes me feel better in a very personal way. It helps me see the ART in the sadness! I will be posting more sunset photos as we go along, so stay tuned!

Leaf Of The Day
November 10th 2015

Mood: Encouraged/Artistic

~Me :)

1 comment:

sunflowerkat said...

When I was at my worst after moving to NY, photography was what saved my sanity. It allowed me to completely live in the moment as I was focused on what I wanted to create. For that time, I wasn't overwhelmed with a sense of sadness and loss. The past and the future did not exist and I was at peace. Slowly, I learned to deeply appreciate my new environment. I hope your art brings you similar solace.