Monday, March 09, 2015

My New Favorite Show... Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt ( Netflix Original )

"To say I'm an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair."

~Tina Fey
Bossypants

Yesterday I told you about a documentary on Netflix that I had enjoyed thoroughly, and today I am at it again, I found a show I have to share with you, because Netflix is quickly becoming my favorite way to be entertained. This time out, I want to tell you about the newest, and funniest, 23 minutes of viewing, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It comes from the wonderfully twisted minds, and comedic genius, of Tiny Fey and Robert Carlock. It has the pace, comedic bite, and some stars of the marvelous 30 Rock, but with a few new twists along the way. I don't want to give too much away, but imagine what life would be like, if you have just spent 15 years living in a small underground doomsday shelter in Indiana, and then once you learn the world didn't actually end, you decided to spend the rest of your life in New York City, and there you have the predicaments of our girl Kimmy. 

Life, once you emerge, would be fun, and strange, and well, strange. And so is Kimmy, but strange in the kind of way that you might wish she was your next door neighbor, because not only can you trust her, but you might actually be able to get a contact high from her never ending enthusiasm. I find myself thinking of Kimmy as a less cynical Bridget Jones, which is easy to do because of the slight resemblance of Elle Kemper to Rene Zellewigger. But the biggest difference between Bridget and Kimmy, is Kimmy can wrap up her missteps in 23 minutes, and nothing is hopeless if you take it in 10 second increments. It's that thought alone which makes Kimmy a lot less lost than Bridget, so yeah, I would next door to Kimmy in a minute. If only to learn her coping skills! The only downside to the show being on Netflix, is the limited release of only 13 episodes. The show was originally developed for NBC, but it passed on it. Silly networks... their bonehead decisions are Netflix's and our, gain!

More Please!


Mood: Me? Excellent!

~Me :)

No comments: