Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Ellipsis Misses Vol. 1 Episode 1: Carly Misses Her Cat

"Today you are YOU, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than YOU."

Dr. Suess
Happy Birthday To You!

"A Learning experience is one of those things that says, 
"You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

~Douglas Adams
The Salmon Of Doubt

So... stuff happens. Flat tires happen. Head colds happen. Dropping a fork of spaghetti down the front of your low cut dress happens. Spontaneously dancing in front of a group of strangers in San Francisco happens. Walking around all day, looking for your sunglasses, only to realize just before going to bed, that you had them perched on your head all day... happens. HELL... running over yourself with a car happens... I know that for sure! Being given food poisoning by your boyfriend's mother can happen, and it does more often than you might think. Walking around with a piece of pink fuzz, fresh of your brand new pink fuzzy sweater, sticking out off your nose, happens. If you own a cat, he probably will wipe poop off his butt on your brand new duvet cover, at least once in your relationship.They can also ignore you more masterfully than any living entity... in the history of living entities. You haven't been ignored, until you have been ignored by a cat who loves you! It happens! Even SHIT happens.

And last, but not least, Fibromyalgia happens. 

So, what's this all about? Well, the other day I was looking through my archives for a photo I haven't posted before, because, well, I have been in some pretty bad pain from the Fibromyalgia, and there is little to nothing I can do about it, except ride it out, and hope for the best. I am really struggling with it. I got a mild case of food poisoning, in early January, and my Fibromyalgia has been raging ever since. I have had small remissions from the pain, here and there, but I have been in more pain that not. But just because I have been in pain, doesn't mean my creativity has to stop with the rest of my body. So, while I can't get out with the camera as much as I want to, I have other options, like making a cartoon graphic of my life, by way of Bitstrips

I think it will be entertaining, and it will be a humorous look into what life is like in my cave. I am starting out slow with it, and like with my blog, I plan to let it evolve into what it will. Now, this doesn't mean I will never post new photos again, in fact I am hoping to post some new stuff as early as tomorrow. HOPING. We'll see. Sometimes I have to just put on extra clothes, and grab all my cameras, load up on the pain killers, pretend I am a normal person! Alan does everything he can to make life easier on me, and he encourages me to soldier through the pain. He is amazing that way. So, wish me luck!

And now, the first installment of 

Ellipsis Misses

Carly Misses Her Cat

Funny story, we live in a small cottage, which would make one believe it would not only be easy to keep clean, but that it would be an easy place to find all our your cats in. Neither is true. My cats can find the most interesting places to have there "alone time" in. Like the old soup pot I keep on top of the refrigerator. Dylan will get up there and curl up. I can't tell if he is in the pot or not, so I have to do a good bit of kitchen mountain climbing to find him. But then there are other times when he holds folk concerts from the bathroom tub. That's not his alone time, so much as his creative mode. Which sounds exactly like you would expect a slightly bitchy cat would sound while airing of his grievances in an ear piercing tone. 

But I get it, and I would join him in the bitching if I could. But sometimes I just want my orange cat by my side. Mr. Pissypants gets me. And after that one time, he got out, and decided it was a good idea to go exploring in the neighbors yard I have been a bit over protective. On that particular adventure he decided it was a good idea to bitch slap a dog big enough swallow him in a single gulp. He's a tough, no nonsense little man, who snuggles me, but doesn't hover. Who bitches daily, but also listens... and purrs. And sometimes that is exactly what I need. It's better than the strongest pain killer... well... almost.

Funny how when you get to be my age, 
simple things, like finding your cat, can make you really happy.


One thing you can look forward to about this new series,
 there will be less wordiness, and more pictures.

Mood: Happy

~Me :)




No comments: