Monday, December 15, 2014

Art About Town: Orinda, California "Beholding" By Artist James Moore

"Beholding"
By James Moore
Orinda, California

"The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance."

~Aristotle

I love Public Art. But you already knew that. Well, you might know that if you have been reading me for a while, anyway, I don't know if I have quite explained the reason I search it out whenever possible. You see, it has been Public Art that has saved me, on occasion, and reinvigorated my creativity many times over. At times, while in a cold, wintry mood, when everything seemed like stick figure trees, I have found a piece of art like this one, and found the magic again, by studying the figure or the angle or even the color scheme. Public Art should never just be passed by... no that is a big mistake... Public Art should be looked at. Often. And should be contemplated. Public Art should be learned from. Often. But most importantly it should be enjoyed. As OFTEN as possible. 

Here is a challenge between you and I. The next time you see yourself passing a piece of Public Art stop and contemplate it's beauty. Really discover it's meaning. Then sometime in the next 24 hours or so take a picture, and tell me what you saw, and whether the Public Art piece inspired the photo. I would be really interested to see what you come up with. Also, tell me how the experience made you feel. Was it exciting? Was it dull. Did your mood improve? Share all the details with me! Chasing art is an amazing way to do away the cold wintry blues!

Leaf Of The Day

Mood: Inspired

~Me :)

No comments: