Sunday, August 10, 2014

Photography In Black And White

"The Friendship Embrace"
March 21st, 2007
San Francisco, California

"When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls."

~Ted Grant

I took this photo back in March of 2007. I haven't posted it before because, as a rule, I feel like it would be improper to steal one's moments. I do take the pictures, obviously, but usually it is for my own education about doing spontaneous photography. When I do a photo like this one, nine out of ten times I am a passenger in a car, and an opportunity will present itself. Like this one did! I have always liked this picture, because the gentleman in the photo knew I was taking the photo, and seemed quite okay with it... flattered almost!
But I never posted it until today.
I think it deserves to be seen.

Mood: Creative

~Me :)

No comments: