Thursday, July 24, 2014

Art About Town... San Francisco: Corridor Pin, Blue, 1999


Corridor Pin, Blue, 1999
By Claes Oldenburg And Coosje van Bruggen

"There is no place for grief in a house which serves the Muse."

~Sappho

I LOVE this piece. Corridor Pin, Blue, 1999, By Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen. It can be found on the grounds of the DeYoung Museum, in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. I love it for it's whimsy. I love it for it's color, and size. It makes me happy inside when I look at it. A common, every day object, transformed into colorful art. The simple and every day is usually disregarded, and overlooked, but this piece reminds us to look for the beauty, even if we think it can't be found!

It's comforting.

When I am faced with a lack of inspiration regarding my photography, I try to remember that there is beauty and art right inside my house. My cats, are frequent subjects, but last year when I was ill for so long, I got out the camera and began to photograph objects on my desk. I was pleased with the results, and got a number of good reviews from those who saw the photos. It takes a whole other mind set to set up a shot, rather than letting nature, such as in a sunset, take it's course. 

Shrug.

I don't prefer one over another, I just like that I can fill up my mind with positive feelings when it comes to art. In my case, the house referred to in today's quote, refers to my mind and imagination, rather than an actual house. For me, art is what clears the cobwebs, and allows me to embrace the light of happiness.



Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: