Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Look Back At May 2014...



"Lots of people go mad in January. Not as many as in May, of course. Nor June. But January is your third most common month for madness."

~Karen Joy Fowler, Sarah Canary

I wouldn't say I went MAD in May, but there were definitely things getting on my nerves and playing with my emotions. As a result, I struggled with a good bit of lethargy, and a long bout of not feeling particularly inspired to get out doors with the camera. Shrug. It happens... right? Fortunately I have been finding pleasure in looking at other peoples photos on Instagram, and letting them inspire me with their choice of varied subjects. 

I know, I know... Steven would say... "Photograph something every day, and push through the bouts of absent creativity." He knew, I think from experience, that sometimes the only way to silence the inner naysayer is to ignore them and go about your way. And that's what I am telling myself right now. My goal for June is to take at least one photo a day, of whatever comes my way, and we will see where we are on June 30th. Should be interesting, as that's the day after my birthday! LOL.

Anyway, here is what caught my eye in May...







On to June...

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: