Monday, April 21, 2014

Out There Having Fun In The Warm California Sun...



"I had a dream about you. I was running barefoot on the beach, and you were chasing me because you were a cop and I was naked. I couldn't believe you tried to arrest me. What, is it a crime to run with no shoes?"

~Jarod Kintz, I Had A Dream About You 2

 

It's that time again. The time when Alan and I sit down with the calendar and try to figure out what weekend's we need for what. You see, Alan gets a weekend off, but his weekend is Tuesday and Wednesday, which means we usually miss a lot of activities like Farmer's Markets, Festivals, Outdoor Movies and Concerts. But with a little planning, plotting, and time requested off far enough ahead of the activity, we find a little time each summer for slacking off!



This year it looks like we have found the perfect week to fit in a movie on the beach and a concert in Santa Cruz. It's been years since we did that, in fact the last concert on the beach we made it to was Greg Kihn. Oh my goodness we loved his music when we were kids... still do! I love following him on Twitter! So perhaps we will be able to catch his concert in Santa Cruz this year, but then again, the week Macy Gray will be there is awesome also. On Wednesday the beach will have Raiders Of The Lost Ark as the free movie, and her concert on Friday! How much fun is that?

Of course, there is nothing like going to opening night for the free movies! The movie that always kicks things off is Lost Boys, which was filmed in Santa Cruz! The train trestle scene was filmed just up the beach, from the boardwalk. I still visit that part of Santa Cruz at least once a year, just because it has an amazing view of the boardwalk from a slightly uphill vantage point. It's gorgeous! I need to do some new night photos of beach, it's been far too long since I did that! 

There is so much to do during the summer in the Bay Area, it is hard to choose what direction to go in! San Francisco has free outdoor movies for families. So does Marin County. There is Shakespeare in the Park and like I mentioned previously all kinds of festivals. It's all just a matter of planning, like everything else. So, this week it's all about the calendar, and visiting many different websites, and then choosing. Oh my, the choosing of what to do! LOL. God help me... I love it!

But what I love most, is spending time with Alan. I love him!

Mood: Happy :)

~Me :)

Click the following link for the complete schedule of Free Movies On The Beach

No comments: