Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Nightmare After Christmas



"Nothing is more frightening than a fear you cannot name."

~Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

I am a little under the weather today, so I thought I would share a brief blog post about this tag I found on some throw rugs I purchased at the 99 Cents Store. I was needing some rugs for the bottom of Joey's sleepy box, and this type of rug fit nicely, so I purchased about 20 of them. He will be able to use them in his sleepy box and then in his temporary room, the bathroom, until we fully transition him to the rest of the house next spring. He needs some time to integrate with his brothers, and then he will have to be fixed, so it's just better to take these steps a few at a time so it all goes as smoothly. He really seems to like the rugs, he picks at them with his tiny toenails and all seems fine, but I have to tell you, the information I read on the tag, which I hadn't bother to read until I got ready to wash them, kind of gives me the wiggins...

Care Instructions:
Machine wash in mild water.
Tumble dry low heat.
Size: 17.3 inches x 27.6 inches.
44 centimeters x 70 centimeters.
Contents: 
Made completely from miscellaneous pieces of undetermined finer content

What? " Made completely from miscellaneous pieces of undetermined finer content?" What?

What does that mean? Does that mean it could be made from, like jellyfish fibers? Old tires? Maybe even... gulp... spider fibers? Or does that mean they used some odd fiber... gulp... not of this world? Like the fiber they found on that shiny stuff left behind from the Roswell UFO crash of 1947? Or maybe it just means that the rugs are made up of harmless, but useless recycled crap. You never know about these things! It's what makes them so affordable at .99 Cents each. And that's all fine and dandy, but I do wish I had just a little more information. Even 1 fiber identified would be good!

Mood: Curious

Me :)

No comments: