Friday, December 27, 2013

I Like To Call It Wednesday!



"For last years words belong to last year's language, and next years words await another voice."

~T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets

Next Wednesday is New Year's Day, but I like to call it Wednesday! LOL. I must confess, I am a big excited about this New Year's Eve, as it is the first one in many years that I will get to spend with Alan, with no worries about getting up early the next day! It's going to be an amazing New Year's Eve! It will indeed usher us into a new year, and a new chance to begin again, but when you think about it, each new dawn brings that chance, so who cares about the clock striking midnight, on a Tuesday night? I am more excited about there only being 9 months to go till the autumn equinox! LOL. Yes, I absolutely do begin the countdown on January 1st! And let me tell you, I am already planning next October's vacation events! We have tickets to a comedy club and a cruise on the bay all lined up! :) I guess I am finally at the age where autumn leaves do indeed turn me on, but then again, so does a good back scratch! LOL. Yes, 2014 means I am YIKES another year older, and closer to the grave, but oh for the adventures that awaits us! I can't wait! :)

How about you? Are you looking forward to 2014?

"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because of you are making mistakes then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before and more importantly you are DOING SOMETHING!
So, that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is" art, or love, or work or family or life. 
Whatever it is you're scared of doing, DO IT.
Make mistakes, next year and forever."

~Neil Gaiman

Mood: Excited

~Me :)

No comments: