Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Someday, New York!



"Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love... that makes life and nature harmonize. The birds are consulting about their migrations, the trees are putting on the hectic or the pallid hues of decay, and begin to strew the ground, that one's very footsteps may not disturb the repose of earth and air,  while they give us a scent that is a perfect anodyne to the restless spirit. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."

~George Eliot

I know, I know... my blog has been a bit autumn heavy lately! You must be thinking, "Really, how many times can this woman go mad over a few autumn leaves?" Well, the truth is, I pass the same row of trees, along the road I live on, every single day, and I find myself in constant awe of the colors and the natural beauty of them, fresh each day, as if I had never seen them before. I know the ones that are beginning to go bare. The ones that have yet to have peaked with their color, and the ones that are nothing less than breathtaking with the colors of plums, and golds, and bright pinks! I know those threes like friends! Yes, friends. I love them for who they are, all through the year.















I love my trees, and I love California, but one day I would love to spend an entire autumn in Central Park, in New York City, just photographing the park, and it's autumn light form every possible angle, nook and cranny. So many movies have been filmed their in autumn, When Harry Met Sally, Autumn In New York, and of course, You've Got Mail. Nora Ephron set the scene for me...

"Don't you just love New York in Fall? It makes me wanna to buy school supplies."

~Joe Fox, You've Got Mail, (Nora Ephron)

Today, when I was out photographing the leaves in my favorite park, I could smell Ticonderoga #2 pencils. I couldn't help but think about all the movies that warm me inside, just by giving me the gift of autumn, any time I need it. Even in June. Oh well, maybe someday I will pick the right 6 numbers, or Publisher's Clearing House will arrive at my door, or I will be the millionth customer at Big Apple Bagel. You never know about these things. Although, it's a proven fact, luck has it's seasons also! I learn that lesson often, mostly when my camera is in my hand, and the light is shining just right.

Someday, New York!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: