Monday, November 18, 2013

Mourning The Leaves

Autumn Sunset
November 13th 2013

"Speeding along I-10 last summer, heading west, I chased the sunset, thinking if I kept up I could extend my day indefinitely, or at least until I hit a major body of water."

~Jarod Kintz, A Story That Talks About Talking Is Like Chatter To Chattering Teeth, And Every Set Of Dentures Can Attest To The Fact That No...

I took these photos on the same day. Just look at that color! The swirling lines of autumn crimson! It sure reminds me of what I enjoy most about the last part of autumn, and the entirety of winter, the sunsets! When the leaves fall away, and the color is no longer in the trees, I swear the leaves live on in the sunsets! Maybe that's where the souls of the leaves go, after their earthly life ends. Into the heaven, to light the way as the cold winter days end early.

Isn't that a nice thought?

Well, I think it is. :) It makes mourning the leaves so much easier!

Autumn Leaf Gallery
November 13th 2013





Time goes by so fast! At least all those fast moving days end in gorgeous sunsets!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: