Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2013


"Thankfulness creates gratitude which generates contentment that causes peace."

~Todd Stocker

Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays! I love all the cooking and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and in recent years, the football games! The best part is all the fun Alan and I have together! He loves to cook as much as I do, so he usually joins me in the kitchen. He and I always laugh our asses off, either from some memory of Thanksgivings past or from some new incident in the current year! Either way, we have fun together, and we just let the day happen!

He has to work this Thanksgiving, but he will be home by 2:30, and we will spend the rest of the day together! Dinner this year is a bit laid back, due to a stubborn 18lb turkey that refused to thaw in the refrigerator! No problem... we are substituting a perfectly lovely Turkey Roll in it's place! We will simply make the currently frozen bird for either Christmas, or New Year's dinner! It's all good!

"Be thankful for what you have. Your life, no matter how bad you think it is, is someone else's fairytale."

~Wale Ayeni

After dinner we will be putting the yard inflatables up. We have an 8ft inflatable Santa Claus flying an airplane filled with toys, a very jolly Christmas moose, and the cutest Christmas elephant you have ever seen! LOL. The yard is going to be very pleasant and joyful methinks! I was lucky to have found the inflatables last year, just after Christmas, on Groupon! You could say I am very thankful for Groupon! :)

Mostly, I am just happy, and thankful, that after all these years Alan and I still cuddle at night. We still know how to make lemonade out of the occasional bag of lemons, and we have two cute little fuzzy faces, Dylan and Hendrix, to cuddle with on cold, late autumn nights. I am thankful for the love that fills my little home, and the peace and quiet we have this year. Sometimes, late at night, I can hear Dylan snoring, and that makes me happier than I ever thought I could be!

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."

~Melody Beattie

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mood: Grateful

~Me :)

No comments: