Tuesday, September 03, 2013

The Little Rose That Could


Red/Gold Rose
September 2nd, 2013

"There is no exquisite beauty... without some strangeness in the proportion."

~Edgar Allan Poe

This rose made me smile yesterday! It has had such a tough season, with aphid invaders forcing me to cut it back twice, but finally the aphids have been gone for well over a month, and it is beginning to bloom again! I call it, The Little Rose That Could. It is a small replant from late last season, so given the circumstances, I couldn't be happier with it's beauty! If the weather holds up, I should see several more blooms before the end of the season. They will begin to go dormant in December, but in California, I might see some fresh blooms for Christmas, it's not unheard of. Personally speaking though, I think this rose looks most lovely on a Thanksgiving table. Fingers crossed, I will be able to do just that!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: