Tuesday, August 20, 2013

On The Other Side Of The Door



"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

~Albert Einstein

I came across this door a couple weeks ago, while out on one of my drives. It is at the top of a house, and if you look very close, it seems to go nowhere. But wouldn't it be interesting if instead of going nowhere, it went everywhere?

The idea of time travel doesn't interest me too much. After all, we are constantly moving in time. Okay, so it's mostly forward, but I have to tell you, I spend a lot of time in the past in one way or another! Perhaps too much!

Music. Classic TV shows. Retro Chic clothing. Sepia Photographs. Old Movies. History. God, I think if I could have one perfect year, all reality shows would suddenly disappear, and there would be nothing on TV older than 1979. But hey, the music would be groovy baby! LOL.

But I know that if I had a year like that, I would miss REM, and the Barenaked Ladies terribly. I would miss the ladies of the Real Housewives Of (you name it), God help me, and probably the thing I would miss most of all... my digital cameras.

LOL. That's why I don't spend a lot of time wishing I were back in time, or ahead in time for that matter! I am doing all I can to keep up with the here and now. Hell, I just learned what the HELL Wifi is, and why I can no longer do without it!

So what does that leave?

Inter-dimensional travel? Sure. Why not! In another dimension, I am taller, I have a tastefully decorated apartment on the upper west side of Manhattan. Alan and I have already retired, and we chase public art around all the boroughs that make up New York City. It's autumn always! And I never get tired of it because not only does the temperature flux just enough to keep it interesting, but the leaves fall from the trees, but regenerate within the same three months.

But that would be my experience. Maybe for Alan it would be completely different, but I would be there, and I would be happy if he was. Inter-diminsional travel is probably different for everyone, and as individualized as a set of fingerprints. Maybe? Could be? Perhaps?

Who knows?

I am not sure if I would go through that door, even if I could. This time. This place. Here and now has a lot going for it. Time moves forward so quickly. I swear I was just 21, now I am 51. Not that I mind it, but it did go by really fast. Like Mary Engelbreit says, "Time Flies Whether You Are Having Fun Or Not."

So true.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning."

~Albert Einstein

Mood: Curious

~Me :)


No comments: