Sunday, July 21, 2013

Time For Dahlias!



"I must have flowers, always and always."

~Claude Monet

I agree! Flowers are one of the very things that make life worth living. I love flowers of all kinds, well, with one exception... the fuchsia. Do I think they are pretty? You bet! But, alas, they are the one flower that I am hopelessly allergic to. But bring on the dahlias, sunflowers, freesia, stock, violets, and roses of course! But for now, lets just talk dahlias.

The Dahlia Garden, in Golden Gate Park, is one of the parts of summer I look forward to. The sight of the garden bursting with color, and small flying insects, never fails to make me smile! It's gorgeous! And I never stop marveling at home many varieties of the flower there are!

The dahlia is beloved the world over. It is the official flower of San Francisco, the official emblem of Mexico, and in Japan, they are a symbol of good taste. I can see that, it's a lovely, long lasting garden flower that blooms into the autumn. With as many colors, sizes and shapes they come in, it makes it the perfect flower to landscape with. I am seriously considering adding a couple different dahlias to the rose garden next summer. We'll see.

Golden Gate Park Dahlia Garden
Part One
Photographed On July 10th 2013



Isn't the dahlia a lovely flower?

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: