Monday, April 15, 2013

Utility Box Meet Art... Art Meet Utility Box



"Enthusiasm is the electricity of life. How do you get it? You act enthusiastic until you make it a habit."

~Gordon Parks

I love this fairly new art form of communities painting utility boxes. I spotted this one in downtown Hayward. Hayward began painting the utility boxes to fight growing graffiti, and now there are over 30 boxes throughout the city, making it a prettier place! And they aren't just in Hayward, I have been seeing painted boxes throughout the Bay Area in the last few years, and the list of participating cities is only growing! Personally, I love them, I think they add a nice splash of color to the landscape! Cute isn't it? I will have more of these soon, I want to make a whole day of it and see how many I can photograph.

Stay Tuned!

Mood: Hopeful

~Me :)


1 comment:

jr cline said...

What a wonderful way to make life better. I wish the cities around here would take on projects like this.
248