Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lights, Camera, Action!



"We want to thank all of you for watching us congratulate ourselves tonight."

~Warren Beatty

 

Oh yes... Its Oscar time! When it comes to awards shows, I am not really a big fan, although I do tend to watch the Emmy Awards because my dear and brilliant friend Dan is a two time Emmy winning composer for television, and he tends to get nominated from time to time, and I watch the Oscars because, well, I simply put, I love movies and I appreciate what all goes into making that magic come alive. Not just the glitzy stuff, but the technical stuff as well. I was an extra in two movies, so I know what a long day on the set looks like, and feels like. I was merely a spectator last summer when Woody Allen was filming his upcoming movie, Blue Jasmine, and I got a look at what it takes to be a sound and lighting technician on a movie. A lot of hard work goes into the whole process, from the people you see,  and the people you don't see. Of the three movie sets I have been to, not one of them was run the same way. I think that was what I found most striking about the whole thing. One TV and sometimes in movies, you always hear the same general words...

QUIET ON THE SET! THIS IS A TAKE. ROLL 'UM. SPEED. ACTION!

I didn't hear that word combination on any movie set I have personally been to. Last summer, the sound and camera technicians who were standing across the street from where the filming was being done, moved us aside if they had to, and yelled to each other, "Quiet.. Roll!" To us they said, "Okay folks, it will be 5 minutes, quiet please. ROLL." The technicians working that day were polite and cordial and perfect gentlemen! I imagine it isn't always easy to put up with the public, especially when the movie was being filmed on an open set, on an actual street corner in San Francisco. The locals passersby and fan clusters alike were able to come and go as they pleased, which made it all even more impressive to me. I could go on and on about last summer, but you know, I love the magic, and I appreciate what goes into making it all come alive! So yes, I will be watching the Oscars later, and here are my predictions for the ones taking Oscar home...

(Winners In Red)
Best Picture: Argo
Best Director: Ang Lee (Life of Pi)
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis ( Lincoln)
Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)
Best Supporting Actor: Robert De Niro (Silver Lingings Playbook)
Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained)
Best Supporting Actress: Sally Field (Lincoln)
Anne Hathaway (Le Miserables)
Best Animated Feature Film: Brave
Best Cinematography: Skyfall
Life Of Pi
Best Costume Design: Les Miserables
Anna Karenina
Best Documentary Feature: 5 Broken Cameras
Searching For Sugarman
Best Documentary Short Subject: Redemption

Inocente
Best Film Editing: Life of Pi
Argo
Best Foreign Language Film: A Royal Affair
Armour
Best Make-up and Hairstyling: Les Miserables
Best Original Score: Lincoln
Life Of Pi
Best Original Score: Everybody Needs A Friend (Ted)
Skyfall
Best Adapted Screenplay: Life of Pi
Argo
Best Original Screenplay: Flight
Django Unchained

Alright... we will see how close I am tonight. Now, let me share with you my outfit for the Oscars...

My Dress: Monica Lhuillier 

 My Shoes By Prada

My Purse: By Valaria

Pearl and Diamond Choker:

Pearl and Diamond Earrings:

There I am all set! LOL. Oh my, if only! But in a perfect world, that's what I would be wearing! Perhaps one day there will be a category at the Oscars for uncredited extras! LOL. Until then I will continue to do as I do each year, get comfy in my Tweedy Bird slippers, put on my best blue robe slave in the kitchen preparing myself a plate of high end hors d'oeuvres... in this case... Bagel Bites...kick back and enjoy the show! :)

~Mood: Happy

~Me :)


Okay, those are my picks as of 3:30 AM 2/24/12 I will come back and edit this post to reflect the actual winners!

No comments: