Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Golden Skies And The Surreal



"Lord of the far horizons
Give us the eyes to see
Over the verge of the sundown
The beauty that is to be."

~William Bliss Carman

 

The temperature rose to a balmy 50 degrees yesterday! Time to break out the flannel shorts methinks! Which is amazingly good news, because I was growing tired of the fleece lined leggings anyway! Well, actually, there is no real need for special clothing exchanging, according to the weatherperson, we are not only due for more colder weather later this week, but there could be snow as low as 2,000 feet, which is pretty much Grizzly Peak Blvd!

:)

 Hendrix... grab mommy's mittens!

Dylan grab mommy's scarf!

Alan... grab my cameras and the top to the garbage can, and lets take the boys tobogganing!

Have you ever tobogganed with a cat?

It's not for the faint of heart! I imagine. LOL.

Anyway, as Alan and I continue to battle the ANTS, I haven't had a lot of time to go out and do many new photos, but good photographer that I am, I had my trusty small red Kodak EasyShare M5320. I got a chance to snap some photos on the run, an activity that I am having a lot of fun with, and I am happy to have gotten a few more photos that I am filing in the folder titled... "Sun On The Run." So far, I am a happy girl... unless we are talking ANTS and the $300 we have now spent trying to rid that cottage of them. NOTHING is working.

Honestly, I don't quite know what else to do. I think it might be possible that they are nested in the roof, which opens an entire new can of worms. I refuse to let myself believe that the rest of 2013 is going to be as messed up as the last 7 days have been, but it's not too easy to keep my spirits up either. Oh well, the sunsets help a lot, and if we are graced with snow, it will make me very happy, and hopefully it will slow the ants down a bit.

Hope.

It's better than NO HOPE.

 

 

 

 




~Happiness

~Me :)

P.S. Last week's Ellipsis Poll is now closed, but there is a brand new Tuesday poll for your blog visiting pleasure! Enjoy! ;)

No comments: