Monday, December 17, 2012

Finding The Christmas Spirit Hiding Near The End Of The World



"My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?

~Bob Hope



It's Monday. And as I was sharing on Twitter, I am thankful for this day, and a new start. I won't dwell on last week except to say, it was a soul wrenching time, Friday will be a day I will never forget, even if it were possible to do so. It's an incredibly frustrating event, and my heart is broken, but I have to believe that not only will the pain be eased, but the future will bring about the positive change we all yearn for. So, I am going to spend the next week or so leading up to Christmas with as much holiday spirit as I can find, and if it's okay, I would like to share it with you!

I forgot to mention it back in October, but Alan and I are on a new adventure. We are learning French through Rosetta Stone. So far we are both doing really well with the lessons, and its so much fun I actually look forward to each lesson! When we are finished with French, I would love to try German next, and then perhaps Italian. We'll see... one day at a time. ONE DAY AT A TIME. There is no hurry, well, unless the world really does in later in the week. LOL. Somehow I don't think it will. I don't have that kind of luck!  LOL.

I am getting the spirit of the season back, and I am holding on with BOTH HANDS.

:)

Now, how about a fun little holiday joke?

Q. Why was Santa's Little Helper depressed?

A. (Comeback tomorrow for the punchline, but feel free to leave your own in the comment thread.)

~Me :)

1 comment:

jr cline said...

I always wondered if Rosettastone was as good as they advertise. It is nice to know someone who is actually using it. Cool!