Saturday, September 01, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 114~ Ellipsis... Starring Cate Blanchett As Herself



"If you know you are going to fail, then fail gloriously."

~Cate Blanchett

 

Isn't Cate Blanchett Lovely?

Sigh. It's not like Woody Allen is the first celebrity I have ever photographed, but there I was, dumbstruck like Lucy Ricardo meeting Charles Boyer. Like Lucy Ricardo meeting John Wayne. Like Lucy Ricardo meeting William Holden. Like Lucy Ricardo... well... you get the picture! Pun intended! It wouldn't have mattered how many filming locations I had tracked him down at, I was hopelessly dumbstruck by Woody Allen, and that was where my literal focus was. It's like my brain simply didn't have enough power to grasp two stars at the same time. And let's face it, Cate Blanchett is as stunning as they come. It might have been different if I had made it to the filming off Union Square at Shreve & Company. She was present, and from the pictures I have seen, amazingly lovely, plus there was a lot longer opportunity to focus on the total picture.

 While in Union Square, they were outside for most of the day, but the particular days filming I made it to involved the actors doing scenes inside buildings. The only opportunities that presented themselves for capturing a photo were in the comings and goings. The amateur shutterbug such as myself, had to be ready at the shutter, and hope for the best. Hey, at least I have a pretty good shot of her profile here, but she is such a lovely lady, I wish I had done better. It's a good set of photos to consider the next time a celebrity sighting presents itself. Focus. Focus. Focus. Again... pun intended! LOL. In the meantime, I can add Cate Blanchett to my file of celebrity photography opportunities. I have learned something from each celebrity in my file, and anytime you can learn from your photography it's a good thing... right?

 

"If I had my way, if I was lucky enough, if I could be on the brink my entire life... that great sense of expectation and excitement without disappointment... that would be the perfect state."

~Cate Blanchett

 ~Me :)








No comments: