Saturday, August 04, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 86~ Sexy Food



"The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of the human race than the discovery of a star."



~ Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin


 


My first love is photography. My second love is photographing food. I love the way it looks. Let's face it... food is sexy. There is something wonderful about picking out something wildly delicious, and aromatic, bringing it home, and preparing it for with someone you are crazy in love with. A couple years ago, I began hearing about Blood Oranges, and their attributes. Delicious, visually striking, and like all oranges, a great source of calcium, antioxidants. 

 

I wish they were in season, but they aren't and they won't be until this winter. I will have to wait to cook with them, unless I want to use some blood orange juice as the base for a recipe. Personally, I like the taste of the juice, and the soda for that matter, but there is nothing like working with a lovely fresh organic one, purchased fresh from a store just before cooking. I have some recipes in mind, such as Spicy Orange Chicken, and Blood Orange and Pink Peppercorn ice cream. Oh yeah... did I mention my love of pink 
peppercorns? 


 



Delicious... and equally sexy. ;) Amazing in ice cream!


I think this fall and winter I will be quite busy with food photography, which is good, because not only can lighting be a bit of a challenge, but I also get to get a fair amount of time in practicing my macro photography. I could definitely use some practice with that. 


Okay, here is my market list...


Heirloom tomatoes


Brussels Sprouts


Blood Oranges


Lavender


Pink Peppercorns


Tri-Color Cauliflower


Purple Yams


So tell me, do you enjoy doing food photography? If so, what kind? If not... why not? Would you be willing to try a new food, and photograph it for an EMPS assignment? If so, what have you been wanting to try, but haven't gotten around to yet?

Tell me all about it!


~Me :)


Today's Link...


JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-84.html




No comments: