Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 100~ 20th And Lexington: The Sequel



"What if nothing exists, and we are all in somebody's dream?"

I had a great time yesterday, and today, watching the process of what it takes to make a film. Well, at least as much as I could see from across the street! LOL. Actually, I got to see a lot about how things are done, and I knew before I went that for at least a part of the time I would be there, it would be like watching paint dry. :) I have been an extra in two movies, Angel's In The Outfield, and Moneyball, and both experiences were somewhat mind numbing. I say somewhat because as 11 hour days go, it could have been worse, but it was 11 hours. 11 hours of pretending to do a fictitious wave as if actually at a baseball game. 11 hours of alternating between booing and cheering. 11 hours of waiting for the sun to move around the ball park. But in the end, as the extras liaison put it, now I could call myself an ACTOR. Yes, well no, not really. LOL.

Both of my days as an actor working on the baseball movies were long, and the pay consisted of some free snacks and sodas, but where else did I have to be? I could sit at home, or I could go out and have an adventure. If given a choice, I will almost always choose the adventure over same old... same old. And besides, I learned about how hard folks work both in front, and behind the scenes to bring us movie magic. Just like with Danny Glover, in Angels In The Outfield, and Brad Pitt in Moneyball, I have a whole new respect for Woody Allen! I have always appreciated his work, but now I have a clearer idea about what it takes to achieve it! When the movie he is currently working on comes out, and I am in the theater watching it, I will remember the last couple days, and smile because I was there.

Awesome!

 

 

"In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people's home feeling better ever day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm!"

~Woody Allen


~Me :)



1 comment:

jr cline said...

You got some nice shots of Woody Allen and obviously had a great time doing it.
And you're an actor too. :-) Nice! You'll have to send me an autographed picture. lol

I'll pick adventure over the same old thing. I seek it.

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-98-and-99.html