Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Photo A Day For 8 Months: Day 62~ Garden Update



"My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plants point of view."


~H. Fred Dale 


Time for a garden update. As you can see, the veggies have finally begun to make an appearance. The ones you see here are my beloved Heirloom tomatoes. Mr. Stripey to be exact. I have two Heirloom tomato plants this year, the other one is a Black Krim, and while he is coming nicely too, he is just a bit behind Mr. Stripey, but I think I will have some pictures of the Black Krim soon. Alan is also growing some lovely Momma Mia tomatoes along with some Zucchini and some yellow Crookneck Squash. The veggies are all doing well, and I think I will be posting some pictures soon of some wonderful homemade pizzas and perhaps some soup, stews and pies. I have several recipes I am working on developing. We'll see. I always look forward to coming up with my own recipes, and I love cooking in the autumn.


 

And now the roses...

 

 

What can I say, I have no complaints about me lovelies. Since I first began the rose garden, 4 years ago, I have had my ups and downs. Aphids. Cats who enjoy a good rose as if it were a box of popcorn, and the occasional gopher... lol... well... you know about gophers... but this is the strongest and most disease resistant the roses have been. They are all really strong, and I am confident they will do really well over next winter. We have added some white rock this past week, which give them a lot of protection when weeding. I am planning to do some cuttings in October, and if all goes well, I will have some second generations to plant in the early spring. At least that is what I am hoping for. Last year we took 5 cuttings and 3 survived. That's not too bad... is it?

 

:) Heirloom Tomatoes YUM!
 


~Me








No comments: