Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 63~ Unrelated Subjects



"The first rule of hurricane coverage is that every broadcast must begin with palm trees bending in the wind."


~Carl Hiaasen

Photo #1... PALM LEAF (palmate)


Okay, so just to be different I thought that I would take on two subjects that I rarely find myself photographing. Palm Trees, and almost anything related to commuting. I dislike palm trees with a passion, probably because they are just so darn common in California, but it could also be because they provide very little in the way of shade, and because they are so very uninteresting. Once in a while, however, I do see something about one of them that I will find photogenic, and earlier today that's what happened. The sun just happened to be shining through the leaves of a palm tree, in such a way as to be very  pleasing to the eye. SNAP. 


Tell me what you think about the photo. Good points. Bad points. Indifferent.


Now on to photo #2... TAKING THE FAST TRAK...

"Americans will put up with anything, provided it doesn't block traffic."


 ~Dan Rather


 

Now, there are a lot of things about FAST TRAK I find amusing... like why didn't they just spell it FAST TRACK? And isn't it amusing that it's called FAST TRAK and yet the little light that tells you to go through the toll booth, because you have already paid your toll with your FAST TRAK device, is yellow, which means SLOW DOWN. Okay, okay... I know... the powers that be want you to go through the poll booth area at a speed that is safe, which I completely get, and observe, but it's still odd to me. LOL. Was FAST TRAK the best name the powers that be could have come up with? Probably... but I kinda like... PREPAID CAREFUL. Nah... too long. Hey... how about... PAID SLOW. Nah... what does that mean? It sounds like I made payments on my device, and now everyone knows I had to buy it on layaway. Nope... that wouldn't work. Okay... I guess FAST TRAK was the way to go. But it's still kinda funny. Well, to me anyway. 


:)


To be serious for a moment. Every once in a while the news will report that someone, who isn't observing the proper speed limit, will go racing through the toll booths in the FAST TRAK lanes without slowing down. NO A GOOD IDEA! Humans work in that area. Driving really isn't that hard. Follow the rules. Leave early to avoid being late. SERIOUSLY CALIFORNIANS... PUT THE DAMN CELL PHONES AWAY ALREADY!

~Me :)


No comments: