Tuesday, July 03, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 54~ Studying The Archives



"There are two kinds of light. The glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures."


~James Thurber

 

One last posting of archived fireworks, before the 4th of July. I have been studying different online articles about photographing fireworks and I have done a small amount of practicing with low light. It has been a while since I have done a subject as demanding as fireworks. Gosh so much goes into preparing for the outing. I was hoping to be able to perhaps purchase a small amount of home fireworks, to get some practice in, but, alas, fireworks are prohibited in Alameda County. Sigh. 

 

I have looked at a lot of fireworks photos online, and while absolutely gorgeous, most are Photoshopped to death, and therefore not a whole lot of help. One thing that makes me feel better, a lot of photographers don't seem to let the inevitable smoke that tends to hang in the air bother them. I guess it's a necessary evil. Well, I am ready I think, now we just have to decide if I want to shoot up towards the fireworks, or try for a spot that looks down on top of them. As always, that old reliable San Francisco fog will lead me. One thing I do know, without having to think about it... TRIPOD, TRIPOD, TRIPOD.



Wish me luck. Please.


:)

New York Institute of Photography: Photographing Fireworks With A Digital Camera
National Geographic: Photographing Fireworks


~Me
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/07/apadf6-53.html


1 comment:

jr cline said...

Good luck! I may get a chance at some shots on the fourth.

My link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/07/apadf6-54.html