Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months:Day 75 ~ Jazzman Take My Blues Away



Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” 

~Victor Hugo  William Shakespeare

Okay, another Monday done. Closer to our month vacation in October. Sigh. I am short-timing it I think. I woke up with a lot more energy today, the Fibromyalgia pain is better, and the while the sun was out today, it wasn't unbearably hot. In fact, it was just about perfect outside. I even considered going down to Oakland and greeting President Obama at the FOX theater, where he was attending a fundraiser. But the traffic would be a nightmare, and the barricades wouldn't let the average guy or gal get very close, so, in the end, I decided to stay home, and work a little in the garden. There is a lot going around in my brain. I wish President Obama would come to Bay Area sometime when he doesn't have a fundraiser to attend. It's depressing that access to the president goes to only the highest donors, or is it bidders? Either way, there is something wrong with that.


I put some music on today while I was in the yard. I LOVE Carole King. Jazzman was one of my favorite songs as a young one. While I was listening to it today, it reminded me of a photo I took at Union Square several years ago, just before Christmas. I love the street performers in San Francisco. They are awesome, and really set a mood sometimes. The man in the photo above was an pretty great musician. He had a real talent. It was amazing to sit and listen to him, as shoppers went scurrying by and folks dressed to the nines walked toward the Theater District. San Francisco is magical at Christmas, there is music everywhere. Today would have been a good day for the Ethereal Musician today to out playing his tunes, you know, that guy with the saxophone who can sometimes be heard in the yard. 

But no. It was not to be. Maybe he was in Oakland, standing at a barricade, greeting the president. You never know.
So, in his absence, what's a girl to do? Why go to YOUTUBE of course.

Ladies and Gentlemen... Carole King

 


~Me :)

Go see what my friend JR is up to, I know it's something amazing!
JR 

1 comment:

jr cline said...

Night photography in the city is something I really like and your picture is pretty. I think New Orleans must be a lot like San Francisco when it comes to street musicians.

Here is my link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/07/apadf6-75_25.html