Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 10th Anniversary: Remembering David and Lynn Angell



"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."

-Thomas Campbell

David and Lynn Angell were extraordinary people. I have gotten to know them over the years through my researching of their lives for various 9/11 tributes I have participated in since 2004. In that time I have come to know of their love and generosity, the love of their friends and family, the respect of their peers, and their immeasurable talents. I wish that I could have met them in this life, but that wish cannot be fulfilled. David and Lynn Angell were killed on September 11th, 2001, in an act of unimaginable hate. 10 years later, it still seems impossible. Like that day was all a bad dream, and we have all been engaged in the longest of shared nightmares.

Our world changed that day, and 9/11 means a different experience for each of us. For me, when I think about 9/11, I think about David and Lynn Angell and all the joy we lost when they died. David Angell brought a lot of laughter to the world, through his work in television as a brilliant comedy writer and his work as co-executive producer and co-creator of such shows as Cheers, Wings and Frasier. Both David and Lynn worked together through various humanitarian projects, children's charities in particular, to the better of the world. As I said, they were extraordinary people, and I will never forget them. They will be remembered in the memories of many, and live on in our hearts forever. I remember them not for that dreadful day, but for the gifts they left for us... laughter and love.

Thank You David and Lynn :)

He kept a true good humor's mark
The social flow of pleasures tide
He never made a brow look dark
Nor caused a tear, but when he died.

-Thomas Love Peacock

Love, Carly

No comments: