Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Doing Breakfast



"Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

-Lewis Carroll

Do you do breakfast? There was a tine when I didn't, I just wasn't a breakfast person. I try to eat healthy, eat the right portions, be good about my intake of salt and, of course, cholesterol, so it seemed to me that breakfast might be a killer. A few years ago, eggs were a no-no, now it's back to 1 egg a day is ok! LOL. The last couple years, I have learned to enjoy breakfast. I make simple souffles, or sometimes a light version of Biscuits & Gravy like you see above, and I always include fruit. I am not really sure what changed for me, maybe it's because I am toddling toward old-lady-hood, but I really kinda enjoy breakfast at this stage of my life. How about you?

Do you do breakfast?

If so, what is your favorite breakfast?

Do you do light versions of traditional breakfast fair?

1 1/2 biscuits = 270
1/8 cup Country Gravy =25
1 cup Fresh Strawberries =50
=340 calories

My after breakfast blood glucose reading was 110. Not too bad. :)

So tell me, whats your favorite breakfast? Ham & Eggs, Quiche, Fresh Fruit and Coffee?

Tell me everything!

-Carly

No comments: