Saturday, October 10, 2009

That Autumn Blog

From For Ellipsis


"Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter."

-Carol Bishop Hipps

We are beginning to see the first real signs of autumn here in the East Bay, but if you really want to see the autumn in all it's glorious splendor, you have to drive all the wayyyyy up into the hills. Plumas County is the place to go! With a little bit of luck, and some fingers and paws crossed, Alan and I will make the 5 1/2 hour drive up there sometime between October 15th and the 31st! That, according to the Plumas County Visitor's website, is the optimum time for viewing. But there are some things working against us going. Like the fact that the first major snow of the season is fore casted for early next week, and then there is the money we don't have courtesy of the governor's FORCED FURLOUGHS, and then there is my worry about leaving Dylan and Hendrix for 12 hours.

I know, I know... they aren't real children, they are cats, but you see, I am still their mommy, and they both still have a lot of kitten to them. Anything could happen from, ordering large quantities of catnip mice on the Internet, to the total destruction of our cottage from the exuberant flopping about that they are so fond of. YIKES! Then there is Dylan's favorite game... LETS-STAND-AT-THE-FRONT-DOOR-AND-WHINE-LIKE-HE'S-BEING-HELD-AGAINST-HIS-Will! LOL!

I really want to go, so I know all it will really take is the promise of Starbuck's for the road, and I will be good to go!

From For Ellipsis


By the way, the picture above is not of Plumas, it is of Susan's Spot, which sits in the Cisco Grove Park, on the California side of the Sierra. It's lovely there, and it's one of my favorite places on earth, but I long for the new sights and sounds of Plumas. Wish me luck... ok?

Check out Plumas County Visitor's Bureau Page. You wills see what I want to go there so badly!

:) And oh yeah... one last thing... what do you think of the new autumn look for my blog? Like it? Hate it? Sing out! Tell me what you think!

-Carly

1 comment:

Jama said...

I love the colors of autumn! I may not be able to experience them first hand, so seeing them online the closest I can get and your photos are awesome. Thanks for sharing with me. I hope you'll work out the glitches in your plans soon.