Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Off To Plumas County

From For Ellipsis


"A flash of harmless lightning, a midst of rainbow dyes, the burnished sunbeams brightening, from flower to flower he flies."

-John Banister Tabb (The Hummingbird)

According to the Leaf-Peeper report at the Plumas County Visitor's Bureau website, this week is peak time for the autumn foliage, so, Alan and I are on our way! If all goes as planned we will have left the house at 3:00 AM and will arrive sometime around 8:00 AM. today. I will be away from the computer today and tomorrow, but I am using the handy dandy scheduling feature to post while I am away. For tomorrow, I have scheduled a new entry about Hendrix, but for today, I bring you some photos from a couple years ago, my Anna's Hummingbird Series. Purple is a favorite color of mine, so when I saw this beautiful bird darting in and out of the little purple flowers, I just had to photograph it. It took a great deal of patience, and a lot of luck, but in the end I was happy with what I accomplished. I hope you enjoy this look back at this amazing bird...

Anna's Hummingbird (Pebble Beach/Monterey, California, October 11th, 2007)

From For Ellipsis

From For Ellipsis



If all goes well today, I will have not just foliage photos to share with you this weekend, but some new bird photographs as well. Wish me luck! Be sure to check back this weekend to see the photographic results of my trip to Plumas County!

-Carly

4 comments:

fredamans said...

Amazing Hummingbird shots!

Anonymous said...

What absolutely incredible photos! I am so impressed!! DAMN!

Enjoy every minute of your time...

Hugs,
Nancy

fdtate said...

If this is what we get when you're away, you should go away more often. Some amazing, beautiful photos, Carly!

Carolyn Ford said...

Wow! Look at that hummingbird! Beautiful capture!