Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering David And Lynn Angell


David Angell was unique among the comedy writers I've met. Like David himself, his humor was gentle and kind, yet deeply funny. He had a brilliant comedy mind, but more importantly he was a good man, and a nice person."

-Bruce Rasmussen, Executive Producer, The Drew Carey Show

From For Ellipsis


Three years ago, I participated in the 2,996 Project which paid tributes to the heroes and victims of the terrorist attacks of September 11th 2001. I requested to honor David Angell & his wife Lynn, both of whom were killed when their plane, American Airlines Flight 11, struck the World Trade Center.

David and Lynn Angell brought light and laughter to the world. I requested to honor the Angells, because I was familiar with his work as a comedy writer, producer and eventually co-creator of the sitcom Wings. I don't know how many smiles he may have brought me over the years... maybe a 1,ooo or so, and I will never get to thank him properly, but I can continue to send a BIG THANK YOU to the heavens, especially on this day, and share how much he meant to me, even though we had never met. A world with a little less humor in it is a sad place indeed.

Please take a moment and visit my original post from September 11th, 2006. These two people were just exceptional individuals and deserve to be remembered for their kindness and humanity.

Thank you David and Lynn for making the world a much happier place in the time your were with us.

-Carly

Hillsides Home For Children
940 Avenue 64, Pasadena, Ca 91105
(323)255-9005

No comments: