Saturday, July 25, 2009

Round Robin Challenge: My Vehicle Of Choice

From For Ellipsis


"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."

-Mary McCleary

RRC: My Vehicle Of Choice
Suggested by Suzanne, of the blog, SuzyQ421's Photoblog

Suzanne had a really good idea with this one, basically we are to spend a little time pimping our favorite rides! Above you see my car Lilith. I bought her in late September of 2006. She is a 2007 Saturn ION, in Cypress Green. Alan has a matching on in Golden Cashmere. We bought our cars on the same day. There are a lot of pluses to doing things that way, but a lot of minuses as well, like having both registrations come due at the same time. Sheesh. It will $450 out the window in the next couple months, just for car registrations. Oh well, I love my car. She is dependable, and easy to drive, and she is a good fit for me. She is actually the second Saturn I have owned, my previous one was a 1999 Saturn SL1, in black and white, and when I bought that one, Alan also purchased an SW1 Wagon. As you can tell, we love the Saturn line of cars, and we were sorry to hear about the possibility of the brand being done away with. Hopefully things will work out in the end.

Here is my other favorite ride... my bike. We love to take our bikes across the bay, and ride them along the Marina Green, Fort Point and the Promenade at Chrissy Field, in San Francisco. It's beautiful there. :)

From For Ellipsis


Well, that's it for me! How about you, what do you drive? Thanks you Suzanne, I loved this idea! Now, go see what everyone else came up with, just follow the links...

Linking List (Welcome New Members)

1. Suzanne... SuzyQ421's Photoblog
Posted!

2. Carly... Ellipsis
Posted!

3. Betty... A Corgi in Southern California
Posted!

4. Monica... Shutterly Happy
Posted!

5. Jen... Phun with Photography


6. J.R. ... Eskimo Blue Boys Deviant Art


7. Chrissie... Chrissea's Corner


8. Martha... Menagerie
Posted!

9. Boliyou... Endomental


10. Karen... Outpost Mavarin
Posted!

11. Linda... Mommy's Treasurers
Posted!

12. Molly Mavis... Visual Dialogues
Posted!

13. Sherrie... Sherrie's Stuff
Posted!

14. Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
Posted!

15. Lin... Ups and Downs With Anastasia
Posted!

16. Maria... Everything Can Be Green
Posted!

17. Kara... Hip Chick's Home
Posted! 07/26/09

18. Fhaye... Photodito
Posted! 07/26/09

-Carly


9 comments:

betty said...

cool car! I can so relate about having car registrations due around the same time! just got finished registering 2/3 of our vehicles

I hear Saturns are wonderful,dependable cars

betty

Monica said...

Oh you know how to make me homesick! I'd love the opportunity to get my bike and ride along the Marina Green. ::sigh:: Such happy memories. Take in some of the sights, sounds and smells for me.

Betty W said...

I love the color of your car. Looks great. And the background....is awesome too! :)

Anonymous said...

Great looking car and what a backdrop. I did walk the entire Golden Gate Bridge once many years ago. Great city you have, I left my heart in San Francisco.

Please keep posting more pics from the Bay Area....thanks!

Sherrie said...

Hi Carley!
I would love to have a Saturn, I've heard they are great dependable cars! Have a great day!!

Sherrie
http://sherrie-plummer.blogspot.com/2009/07/round-robin-photo-challenge.html

Martha said...

Your car and your bike are both so Carly! I love them! Of course I love the background in these photos too :-)

Suzanne R said...

Your car is a cute little one -- I can see you buzzing around in it, and on the bike, too. Great background for both shots!

Lin said...

That's the perfect car for running around San Fran. I love San Fran, you're lucky to live in such a beautiful place. Love the bridge! That's quite a bike ride tho'!
I think this Round Robin will be fun, I've always wanted to do one. I was lucky this time and happened to have a picture of my ride already.

Gattina said...

You are the first (and probably only one) who posts a bicycle as favourite vehicle ! very nice !