"Condiments are like old friends, highly thought of but then taken for granted."
Before we get started, I want to thank everyone who participated in last week's EMPS. You guys have been very supportive of me, and this little photo shoot project over the last 6 months, and I appreciate that very much. I look forward to Mondays and sharing my love of photography with you. A million times THANK YOU!
EMPS #27: CONDIMENTS. NOW CLOSED! Ketchup anyone? How about some mayonnaise or relish? Yep folks, it's a super easy one this week, simply photograph your favoriteCONDIMENTS, doing their thing. Is a hot dog, not a hot dog without relish? How do you order a mustard dog... hold the mustard? You can't! LOL. But is it hot mustard? Honey mustard? Spicy Brown Mustard? Who knows? And what about catsup? Do you say Ketchup, or Catsup? Tricky... verytricky. There are a million different kinds ofCONDIMENTS, I want you to show me your favorites! Sweet ones, spicy ones, savory ones... it's all good!
Extra Credit: Show me your favorite CONDIMENT on, or near, your favorite food to have it with.
You know what to do! Simply go get the photo, post it to your blog, journal, or website, then come back here and leave the link in the comment thread for this entry. Please remember it must be a link to an entry that is specific to this photo shoot assignment, not a general link to your blog, journal or website. NO HYPERLINKS! This assignment closes at 9:00 PM ET next Sunday evening, so you have just about about a week to complete the assignment. :)
1. Judi... "I prefer to photograph living things: people, animals, plants as opposed to taking photographs of buildings."
2. Greg... "Since I have been posting a lot of waterfalls lately, I thought that I would switch it up a little for this assignment. While waterfalls might be my favorite subject to photograph, landscape photography as a whole is where my heart lies."
3. Suzanne... "I like sunsets in particular because of the dramatic colors a pretty on will produce."
4. Liz... "I enjoy landscape photography especially when water is involved in some way. I also try to find interest in simple objects."
5. Jama... "I love taking photos of nature, be it the beautiful beaches, stunning sunrise/sunset, awesome landscape, macros of flowers and insects, animals... I want to be able to freeze the beautiful moments forever and I'm able to do that through photography."
6. Karen... "Sometimes I get lucky with a dog or wildlife photo, but there's little question that I'm better on landscapes."
7. Gwenlyn... "This angle shot was found on the Waterfront in downtown Portland on a bleak winter day with my Nikon Sistas!"
8. Paul... "I don't think I really have a certain specialty when it comes to photography. I'm lucky if the shot is properly exposed and in focus. The picture I consider my favourite all-time photo was a lucky grab shot."
9. Tammy... "I have been given the gift of time ti find my style in photography. It has become a passion to capture special moments, places and people. My favorite subject is my grandson T.K."
10. Your EG Tour Guide... "What I like to shoot best are subjects people pass by but don't really "see.""
11. Laura... "Many of the photos I looked at for this entry were blurred or imperfect photos, but they are all photos of my family, friends, pets, or places I've been that I want to remember. Even blurred photos remind me of places and events I might otherwise have forgotten."
12. Terri... "I'm beginning to see art and beauty in places I never expected. I love playing with light and shadow, and I love taking something ordinary and making it extraordinary in the way I photograph it."
13. Connie... "I like to photograph nature... anything outside. Flowers and trees are my favorites."
14. Mike... "I don't really know what type of photography is my favorite; I'm still kind of new to this stuff. I would like to say Landscapes, but that is only because that is the type I like to look at."
15. Duane... "I like to take photos of the natural beauty around Chattanooga. So put me down for" landscapes.""
This Week's Question: Do You Like Having Your Picture Took?
Ok, GO BE PHOTOGRAPHERS! I will see you next Monday with an all new assignment!
-Carly "Condiments" Alice's Restaurant Woodside, California January, 2008 Late Afternoon