"A hug is the perfect gift; one size fits all, and nobody minds if it is exchanged"
It's a busy day around my house today. Alan is at a class, and I am not sure what time he will be home, so I have a million things to do before he gets here. Like make the pie for dessert tonight, and get the balloons from the party store. Should I get 47? Should I just get 4, one for each of us? Decisions, decisions. There's stuff going on everywhere, and it is all so interesting, not to mention the things happening in my little world, like the fact that I don't actually have kittens... I have flying monkeys! They look like kittens, but they fly. Kittens don't fly. LOL. Whatever they are... they are too cute, even when they are being bad. :)
Here's what else I am thinking about today...
1. "Joe The Plumber" is becoming a war correspondent? What? Huh?
2. I hate the skirt I am wearing, it tends to fly up a little too easily in public. So why am I wearing it?
3. There is a couple in New York going through a divorce, the husband donated his kidney to his wife in 2000, and now he wants it back. He claims she cheated on him, and therefore she needs to give the kidney back because of the pain and suffering she inflicted on him. I have felt like I lost a piece of myself over a break-up, but this is a taking it to a whole new level.
4. I really like the color green.
5. My toaster broke this morning. How did fate know I was craving a piece of cinnamon toast with my entire soul this morning?
6. Damn it... now I have to shop for a toaster!
7. We are going to see "Bride Wars" tonight at the movies. I love looking at wedding dresses. If the world ended tomorrow, and I was the last person on earth, I would totally raid wedding shops!
8. Tom Cruise is not all that!
9. David Duchovny is still all that. I hope he and Tea Leoni work things out.
10. I just love Dove Cucumber and Green tea stick deodorant.
11. Yes, I am wrapping the very manly gift I gave Alan for his birthday in Christmas paper because I couldn't find birthday gift wrap that I really liked. LOL. Thank you for asking. :)
12. The Tasmanian Devil has the strongest bite of any living mammal.
13. You say Ketchup, I say Catsup. Let's call the whole thing off.
14. MACY*S is closing 11 stores nationwide, due to the economy. If the government decided to expand the bailout to include retail, I would want them to be at the top of the list. Can you imagine Thanksgiving without the MACY*S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE? :(
15. I think Kevin James is a little bit hot!
16. I wish I could send a condolence card to John Travolta and Kelly Preston.
17. A young man from Hayward, Oscar Grant, was shot in the back and killed by a BART police officer, in the wee hours of January 1st. It is a tragedy that shouldn't have happened, and it seems that the authorities are dragging their feet in the investigation. Amateur video of the shooting has been playing on the news nearly every night since it happened, it was senseless. How could this young man be dead? If you are interested in seeing the videos and learning more about this story, click here.
18. I really need to get my hair cut. It grows so fast. No bangs. I look terrible in bangs.
19. I want to drop 15 pounds... anyone want to join me? If so, speak up. We'll do it together! It's always easier when you have a pal along for the fun.
20. La la la la...Time passages, there's something back there that you left behind, oh oh time passages, buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight. (Time Passages, by Al Stewart)
21. Pop Tarts have way too many calories for me, but goodness I could really go for one right now. Especially if it had some frosting on it.
22. I have exactly $3.56 in my wallet. LOL.
23. I just heard on the news that Long's is now laying people off, as the new jobless figures show that the unemployment rate is the highest in 16 years. It is now 7.2 percent.
24. I am going to do my holiday shopping for next Christmas a little at a time over this next year.
25. My after breakfast blood glucose reading is 96!
26. I wonder if Rod Blagojevich will resign, now that Illinois has moved to impeach him?
27. Sarah Palin seems to think that if she had been running on the democratic ticket, she would have been embraced. No Governor Palin... you wouldn't have! She just doesn't get it.
28. I wonder who Barack Obama will name to the office, George Bush created, Director of Lessons Learned? It pays $100,000 per year.
29. I can't find my blue notebook.
30. January 26th is National Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day! I better start planning... time is flying so fast, it will be here before I know it!
That's it. That's what I think about while I wrap Alan's present. How about you? What kind of randomness goes through your mind while doing a task or errand? If you want to... feel free to share! What do you think about while you read my blog?
"Manly Christmas/Birthday Wrap"
January 9th, 2009
My 2017 Reading List
11 months ago