"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck."-Joseph Heller
I Blame It On The Gnome Of Joy...
Here is an Ellipsis Pop Quiz. What happens to Carly every December 10th? Anybody care to guess? Yep, you guessed it... something strange! I can't believe we have already arrived at the most cursed day in the universe, at least for me, December 10th. I don't know why it began, but ever year on this day something bad happens to me. One year some unscrupulous woman rented a car in my name, and had a fender bender. When the rental agency called me, I was thankfully able to clear myself, but wow... yucky. I have been burglarized twice on December 10th, two different years, and one year, Alan was nearly arrested as a stalker, when a new neighbor found it suspicious that he was on the roof, hanging upside down, looking at that unsuspecting woman (me) changing clothes? LOL. Well, actually, he was checking on the roof tiles, because we had bad wind storm the night before, and he was wanting to see if there is any damage. LOL. And yes, he was also being a bit playful. LOL.
On yet a different year, I got the flu, and it lasted until well after New Year's. In 2005, Alan ordered a garden hose from Amazon, and they ended up sending him 2 and when he tried to send it back. 2 weeks later, another 3 came! It was a mess trying to get the proper credit, and to get them to understand, we didn't need 4 garden hoses! It was 2 years before he dared order from them again! LOL. Last year on December 10th I again woke up with a cold, but the good bit of luck was that I recovered fairly quickly. I haven't been out of the house yet on this December 10th, and so far all that the day has brought was big doses of love from my 3 fellas, Alan, Hendrix and Dylan. But the day is young. LOL. Keep in mind one thing, dear readers, nothing bad will happen to you just for reading my blog today, it seems that the curse belongs solely to us. And in a weird kind of way, that makes me feel very special! LOL.
So tell me, do you believe in curses? Have you ever felt like you were under a curse? Does anyone want to venture a guess about my day today? Will something strange happen? Will it be a good strange, or a bad strange? Feel free to leave a guess. I am now off to climb back into bed, and pull the covers over me. I will report back tomorrow if the curse comes true yet again!
-Carly
"Blame It On The Gnome Of Joy"
Berkeley, California
December 10th, 2008
Evening
