"Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time."-Voltaire
For the last week or so, I have been enjoying a lovely visitor to my yard, a beautiful Gulf Fritillary butterfly. I had no idea tthey came this far up in America, but according to what I have been reading, they can most certainly be found here in the Bay Area, it was just that I had never seen one here in Berkeley before. I have only seen one so far, but I am keeping a lookout now. The one visiting my garden was a fast moving butterfly, medium low to the ground, and energetic. I wanted to get a clear photo of this butterfly with it's wings spread open, but I had no luck. Like I said, I have been watching for her, and today I am going to set up the tripod, so maybe I will have a clear shot at it. She is so beautiful, and as you can see, her wings are perfect. :)
-OndineMonet
Gulf Fritillary
Berkeley, California
July 1st, 2008
Afternoon
