Monday, April 14, 2008

Twenty-Twenty-Twenty Four Hours To Go




"Without music, life would be a mistake."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

You should have seen me. There I was, stereo up about as high as I could get it to go, and me in my bright pink sports bra and jeans, dancing around my kitchen to the soothing sounds of the Ramone's song, "I Wanna Be Sedated." I bet I was the only 45 year old woman on my block doing that, at that particular moment, which is probably why my neighbor over the back fence was watching me so intently, big grin on his face and all. Sheesh. He was fresh! LOL. Don't you just love hot days in April?

Sing it with me...

Twenty, twenty, twenty four hours to go, I wanna be sedated
Nothin to do and nowhere to go-oh-oh, I wanna be sedated
Just get me to an airport, put me on a plane
Hurry, hurry, hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers, I can't control my brain
Oh no, no, no, no, no...



-OndineMonet

5 comments:

IndigoSunMoon said...

Oh Lord....sedate me! Thats one of my favorite songs of all time!
Love you!
Connie

Liz said...

I looooove the Ramones! Thanks for sharing!!! As for dancing around....I'm doing it now....in my sweats, t-shirt & NO bra! LOL

Hugz,
~~Aunt Nub~~

PS 1 of the stickers on my car says "Consider Sedation Whenever Possible"

fdtate said...

One of the most perfect rock songs of all time! Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

You might have been the only one in your neighborhood but I carry on the same way in mine -- I wonder if that's why my neighbor is always so nice? LOL!

Still catching up...

Karen Funk Blocher said...

At least he was grinning! Grinning is good, right? :)