Thursday, April 03, 2008

April Is National Humor Month

"I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?"

-Jerry Seinfeld

I found out a couple days ago, that April is National Humor Month. As I have never been someone to pass up a chance to have fun, I seized the moment and went out to a comedy club with Alan. We have been to quite a few different ones here in the Bay Area, including some Open Mic nights here in Berkeley, but we have narrowed them down to a couple we like the best. One is Rooster T Feathers, which is located in Sunnyvale, and which you see in the above photo, and Tommy T's in Pleasanton. Now, if I had to choose between those two, I would definitely go with Tommy T's. The food is a lot better, and the service is perfect. And it doesn't
hurt that I am not as likely to be the oldest one in the room! LOL.

Tuesday Night at Tommy T's is Taco Tuesday, and what that means is that you get 3 Tacos and a Margarita for $10 per person, plus a $5 cover charge. Now of course you can order a non-alcoholic drink, so don't be thinking I go out drinking and driving. LOL. OMG... can you just imagine me falling into a jail cell because I was fit schaced? The tabloids would be all over me, and there would be my face, on the AOL Welcome screen, all disheveled, with the caption: "Carly, The Next Paris?" LOL.

This past Tuesday was an especially enjoyable evening, as we got to see a dear friend of ours, who just happens to be a comedian, perform. He is a great guy with a brilliant future in comedy. I am looking forward to watching his career and I am excited to be able to support him in his passion for laughter. He has been on many a stage here in the Bay Area, and well he should. He is so very talented. As an added treat to the evening, the headliner that evening was Michael Mancini. You may have seen him on Jay Leno, or A&E's An Evening At The Improv. He is an awesome, high energy comedian, who delivers, among other subjects, hilarious tales of his life in law enforcement!

So tell me, do you like to laugh? Who is your favorite funny person? Have you ever participated in an open mic night? Do you have a favorite comedy club? What's your favorite funny movie or TV show? How will you celebrate celebrate National Humor Month? Do you have a joke that will make me laugh? Feel free to share right here. Leave me a joke or funny short story. And if you do a special entry for National Humor Month, comeback and leave me the link. I will update this post so folks can find you.

Now go be funny. Share the gift of laughter with a loved one. Laughter, after all, is the best medicine. :)

"It is a serious fact that people are never so trivial, as when they take themselves seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

"A person without a sense of humor, is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road."

-Henry Ward Beecher

"Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

-Unknown

-OndineMonet
Rooster T Feather's
Sunnyvale, California
February, 2008
Evening

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most important things in life -- love and laughter!

"Laughter is an instant vacation." ~Milton Berle

Anonymous said...

Very nice post Carly!
Lets celebrate this month of humor with roaring laughter.
Wish you a roaring good time ahead.
Keep 'em coming...