"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship."
-Louisa May Alcott
There is a huge series of winter storms headed for the Bay Area, and Northern California. The predictions for the next couple days are downright hair raising. Rain, Flooding, Hail, Thunderstorms, High Waves, as much as 30 feet high, Blizzard conditions in the lower Sierra, High Winds, which could reach 80 mph in the East Bay hills, Power Outages... Oh My! My local ABC affiliate is asking for amateur photographers to submit weather photos, so I might venture out if the roads are at least a little passable.
I love Thunderstorms. I used to occasionally swim during them if the temperature was even just a little warm. It was erotic, and yeah I know it was a little dangerous, but it felt great on the skin. But now, those days are over. I was thinking about those days, while I was checking on the yard to see if everything was covered properly. Actually, I had a lot of stuff going through my mind.
Things I Think About While I Batten Down The Hatches...
1. Today is the Iowa Caucuses. While it is a pretty good indicator of things to come, it doesn't mean everything. After all, in 1980 George H.W. Bush won 32% to Ronald Reagan's 30%, and we all know how that turned out.
2. I think Jose Canseco should win the coveted " Used-Up Brat of the Year" award for his mudslinging ways. I didn't like him when he was playing with the Oakland A's and I don't care much for him now. America has taken such a beating in the last 7 years, and it saddens me that even my favorite sport has been brought to it's knees by greedy, selfish individuals, so do we really need Canseco's two cents?
3. The worst hairstyle ever, the Mullet, was all about "business in the front, party in the back." LOL. Just shoot me if I ever end up with a Mullet. Please.
4. I took the above picture exactly one year ago today. It looks pretty much the same outside.
5. The San Francisco Zoo reopened today, after having begun renovations to bring it's big cat exhibit up to industry standards. They had to bring it up to standards? It's a spooky thought that I had been right there, in front of those big cats on a number of occasions, and apparently they could have very easily have mauled me at any time. Sigh. All I can think of is... why?
6. "And if I can't find my way back home, it just wouldn't be fair." Name that song! Tee Hee. Sometimes I just sing to myself.
7. I need to pick up some batteries, and cat pan liners, and milk, and...
8. Did you watch David Letterman last night?
9. God, I am so in love with Stephen Colbert!
10. I think I am finally old enough to do really well on any one of the current television game shows! Except maybe Dog Eat Dog.
11. I just heard the rain start outside.
12. I found a great pair of tights at Target last night. They are black with little white dots on them. They will look great with my black dress.
13. I love clearance sales. Wal-Mart had some great little boots on sale on their website the other day. I got two pair for $30.
14. My hands hurt.
15. That burger I ate for lunch yesterday rocked! I wonder if Alan would like Shepard's Pie for dinner tonight?
16. "Macho, Macho Man... I've got to be a Macho Man." I told you sometimes I burst into song. :)
17. I miss Mr. Whipple.
18. I haven't watched General Hospital in two weeks! Alan was home with the flu and I just couldn't put him through it. LOL. I wonder if anything has changed in Port Charles since I last watched it?
19. I should probably take a ride on BART soon. It would be a good subject for my entry for the next Round Robin Challenge: Railroads. Join us if you can.
20. A nice mug of sugar-free hot chocolate would hit the spot right now!
21. Gosh I miss Mr. November sometimes, and sometimes I really don't.
22. I wish the Ethereal Musician would play me a tune.
23. Last night, in a fit of laughter, Alan and I created the character of "Babbles The Wounded Goat." Don't ask. LOL
And that's just a sampling of what runs through a girls mind, when there is a series of storms approaching. :) There is a good chance I will lose power sometime in the next couple days, so, if I go missing don't worry, I will be back online when the clouds clear, if not sooner then that! And probably with photos. :)
"The Storm From Last Year"
Middle Harbor Shoreline Park
January 3rd, 2007
My 2017 Reading List
7 months ago