Monday, December 03, 2007

Mr. Unknown Since 2005

"If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost. You can still call him vile names."

-Elbert Hubbard

Meet Mr. Unknown. A couple years ago, in early December, I came home to find this strange little man sitting on the brick fence that lines the long driveway by my house. I have no idea where he came from, or just what exactly he is. There are no children where I live, so it is unlikely it was left there by a child on their way to an adventure elsewhere, and there is no identifying inscription anywhere on the figurine. So, who could this mysterious man be? Is he a Christmas Krampas of some type? Is he an angel, sent to watch over me? Is he a spirit friend? Who knows? :) It's a mystery to be sure.

So, since I think he should have a name, why don't we have some fun? The focus of the latest Ellipsis Poll is to choose a suitable name for the little traveler, because everyone should have a name. Right? Just see my sidebar to vote for your favorite name. I have added a lot of new features to the sidebar, so just scroll down until you see the poll. It's there I promise. :) If you don't see your favorite name among the choices, then feel free to come back here and leave your vote in the comment thread for this entry, and I will count it among the name choices. I will announce the little fella's poll chosen name on New Year's Eve.

I like this little guy, and would enjoy knowing what his story is. If you know who he is, and what he's about, please leave me a comment. He might be a Value Meal toy, or maybe he has a deep, dark past. Either way, can you help us solve the mystery? I found him in December of 2005... does that help? :)

You can find the results of our last poll here. :)

-OndineMonet
"Mr. Unknown"
Berkeley, California
December, 2005
Late Afternoon

2 comments:

Liz said...

{{{Carly}}} Personally...I voted for...well, I don't know if I should tell, but I loved the choices! :D

I've updated my blog, with mucho apologies ~ check it out! ::grin::

Smooches,
~~Aunt Nub~~

PS How did you get all the funky/cool stuff in your sidebar? I tried to add a clock, etc. to mine, but just can't figure out where to put it so that blogspot will accept it. HELP! I need moron mode! My e-mail is still at AOL (montaukny). Thanks!

Steven said...

I went with Gouda. Has nice yellow color about him. I don't recognize him unless it's a naked primitive Elmer Fudd!