Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Haunted Refrigerator Night... 2007!


"A house is never still in darkness to those who listen intently; there is a whispering in distant chambers, an unearthly hand presses the snib of the window, the latch rises. Ghosts were created when the first man awoke in the night."

-J.M. Barrie

Something odd happens each October 30th to the towns of Houston Texas, and Berkeley, California. See, on that night, time, and space move aside for the spirits of Halloween. And as quick as you can say "Haunted Refrigerator Night," a magical portal is opened... in my fridge in Berkeley, and Steven's fridge in Houston, and out into the dark, autumn night, go the frolicking, footloose, and fancy free spirits of Halloween! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

As an example, just a little while ago, I was sitting by the fire, with Elvis on my lap, and a mug of sugar-free hot chocolate in my hand, when I heard a strange giggling, gurgling sound coming from the kitchen. "What could that be?" I thought to myself. Alan wasn't home... gulp... it was just... gulp... Elvis and I. Slowly, I got up and walked into the kitchen. The strange sound only got louder and louder as I approached the refrigerator. Crunch, crunch... squish. Squish! Squish?

As I slowly opened the refrigerator door, the crunching sound stopped. It was as quiet as a graveyard, on a weekday night, at midnight, with cloud cover and fog, and a full moon overhead I'll tell you. With all the courage I could find, I peeked inside, ever so slowly, and what did I see? Well, I saw the grinning, ghoulish face of the PUMPKIN THAT ATE ALL THE FOOD IN ALL THE GRIZZLY PEAK REFRIGERATORS IN THE BERKELEY HILLS! (Insert Screaming SOUND Effect Here). YIKESSSSSS! I had heard that he was just a legend here in the hills, but now I know... HE'S REAL!!!! I believe, I BELIEVE!!

Tee Hee. Welcome to the 4th Edition of Steven's and my little tradition of "Haunted Refrigerator Night!" I look forward to our photo traditions each year, but this one is my favorite. I bet you just know, I start planning for Halloween each November 1st! LOL. It's true. :) But while I plan and plan for the holiday itself, you just never know what will come flying out of my fridge on Haunted Refrigerator Night. Tee Hee. Thank you Steven, for the Halloween fun, and encouraging my creativity. See you next October 30th!

Always, Carly :)

Be sure to drop by Steven's blog, (sometimes) photoblog, to see the haunted happenings in Houston. :)

Here is a link to last year's Haunted Refrigerator Night entry. Happy Haunting!

-OndineMonet
"Ghoulish Grinning Pumpkin"
Pumpkin Carved By Alan
My Refrigerator
October 30th, 2007
Evening

3 comments:

Steven said...

The Pumpkin that eat all the food! Oh-noes! Another great year of spooks, ghouls, skulls and, of course a fridge :-)

Happy Hauntings!

MyMaracas said...

Excellent!

I have scary things hiding in my fridge pretty much all the time, but this one takes the cake.
(Nyuk nyuk nyuk.)

;-)
Vicki

Suzanne R said...

What a great game! I'm with Vicki -- I have items in my fridge that are so scary they could likely reach out and grab me when I'm least expecting it. LOL! It looks like you and Steven have tons of fun with this. Very cool!