Monday, October 08, 2007

Flying Into The Glass

"A vacation is what you take, when you can no longer take what you have been taking."

-Earl Wilson

Vacation
By The Go-Go's


Can't seem to get my mind off you
Back here at home there's nothing to do
Now that I'm away
I wished I'd stayed
Tomorrow is a day of mine you won't be in...

Yay! It's finally here, well it will be at exactly 6 O' Clock this morning. See, that's when our vacation officially begins, and it can't come a moment too soon. :) Alan is taking his usual 3 weeks off, and we will probably do some of our usual traditions, like trips to San Luis Obispo, Reno, and Half Moon Bay, but we may actually do a couple new things as well. I will be taking some time off from the Internet intermittently all this month. In fact, I will be taking some time off later this week. I just don't have the energy to do long road trips, then come home late at night, and try to be clever here. Sigh. When I first started blogging I was unstoppable, not so much now. Sometimes it makes me sad, I kinda feel defective somehow. I mean Fibromyalgia and Diabetes? It's quite a combo that's for sure, and this is my first year of balancing both. I will find it. It will come. Like with everything else, it takes time. Right?

When you looked at me I should've have run
But I thought it was just for fun
I see I was wrong
And I'm not so strong
I should've known all along that time would tell...

So, in the mean time, I am going to try to do as much photography in October as possible. I am lucky, in I live in a part of California that is close to the best of all possible worlds. The Sierra foothills, and the beautiful Pacific are both just drive away. I love it here for that reason as well as many others. And now adventure awaits. Where will I go next? What will I photograph? Whatever it is, I know I will be anxious to come back here to write an entry and post a photo so I can share it with you. I hope you will enjoy what I find, because sometimes I find the strangest things. Tee Hee.

A week without you
Thought I'd forget
Two weeks without you and I
Still haven't gotten over you

Vacation
All I ever wanted
Vacation
Had to get away
Vacation
Meant to be spent alone

-Carly

NOTE: I will be taking, Thursday and Friday off this week. Details to follow!

Stay Tuned!

-OndineMonet
"Flying Into The Glass"
Conservatory of Flowers
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
Autumn, 2006