Thursday, August 23, 2007

Your Monday Photo Shoot: 2003

"Try to be like the turtle - at ease in your own shell."

-Bill Copeland

You may or may not know that today,(August 20th) marks the fourth anniversary of By The Way, which was started on this date in 2003.To celebrate, I thought it would be fun to have a historical-themed Photo Shoot:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Find a picture from 2003 and post it. Any picture is fine; it just has to be from the now-oh-so-distant year of two-thousand aught-three. Surely you have pictures from then?Yes?

-John Scalzi (By The Way)



2003? Do I have photos from 2003? Well, actually, I have very few from 2003. See for most of that year I was still suffering from a loss of creativity, otherwise known as Anhedonia. I rarely picked up the camera back then, but on August 23rd, 2003 something wonderful happened, I decided to start a journal on the newly debuted AOL Journals! As I learned to blog, folks came by and encouraged me, and little by little my creativity came back. :) Alan also supported and encouraged me, by taking me places of interest, such as the zoo, putting my camera in my hand, and asking me to just try. Even if I only took a few photos, it was ok, he only wanted me to just make the effort to find my creative zone again. He thought it would be nice if I used as many as my own photos in my entries as I could, when I wasn't sharing about a specific work of art that I enjoyed. Sometimes I think if I hadn't started my AOL journal, I wouldn't have gotten better nearly as fast. I will always be grateful to AOL Journals, and my blogging friends for that. :)

Today is my fourth anniversary as a Blogger/Photo blogger. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has come by with words of encouragement, and friendship over the last four years. You all mean a lot to me. :) If you never got the chance to visit my old AOL blog, Ellipsis, it will be open from today, Thursday, through this coming weekend. Feel free to drop by and have a look around if you like. I will be posting some photo entries there for the next few days. :)

"Looking for peace is like looking for a turtle with a mustache: You won't be able to find it, but when your heart is ready, peace will come looking for you."

-Ajahn Chah

-OndineMonet
"Hello Mr. Turtle"
Oakland Zoo
Oakland, California
Late Summer 2003
Afternoon

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Happy (belated) anniversary, Carly! Great camel shot!