Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Round Robin Challenge: Things With Wings

Give and Take
For to the bee a flower is a messenger of life
And the to the flower a bee is a messenger of love
And to both, bee and flower,
The giving and receiving is a need and an ecstasy.

-Hans Christian Anderson

It's time for yet another Round Robin Challenge! This time around, it was my friend Steven's turn to choose a topic, and he has chosen, "Things With Wings," as our challenge. I have been enjoying photographing busy bumbles, little angelic butterflies, grouchy yellow jackets, and happy little honey bees this summer... and even the amazing little bug in the picture above. I took his portrait a couple weeks ago, when I found him resting on a tiny white flower in Golden Gate Park. I have looked and looked, but haven't been able to identify him, so I will just call him... Billy. Yes, Billy! If you know what kind of winged creature he might be, please, sing out. I would enjoy learning more about him. :)

In addition to it being Steven's turn to choose a Round Robin topic, it is also the fourth anniversary of his blog, "(sometimes) photoblog." Be sure to drop by his place to see his entry. In fact, you should be sure to visit all the participating Robins, you'll be glad you did. There are some amazingly talented photographers in the land, each one a true artist. :) Thank you Steven, for the delightful challenge! And Happy Anniversary to you! :)

:)

What do you suppose?

A bee sat on my nose.

Then what do you think?

He gave me a wink.

And said, "I beg your pardon,

I thought you were the garden."

-English Rhyme

Linking List

1. Steven... (sometimes) photoblog
POSTED!

2. Jessica... OuickSilver Dreams
POSTED!

3. Nancy... Nancy Luvs Pix
POSTED!

4. Karen... Outpost Mavarin
POSTED!

5. Vicki... Maraca
POSTED!

6. Kerrin... A New Day
POSTED!

7. Janet... Fond Of Photography
POSTED!

8. Suzanne R... New Suzanne R's Life
POSTED!

9. Carly... Ellipsis
POSTED!

10. Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
POSTED!

11. boliyou... Percolation

POSTED!

12. Gina... Gina's Space

POSTED!


-OndineMonet
"Billy Bug"
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
August, 2007
Afternoon