Monday, June 18, 2007

When You Know You Are Doing The Best You Can



"People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy."

-Anton Chekhov



I didn't get as much done on my flower garden as I wanted to yesterday. The temperature outside was a lot warmer then the previous days, and there was little breeze blowing. I guess I picked the hottest day of the week to try and get it all done. LOL. Isn't that always the way? :) Oh well, I did manage to get some pruning done on the old rose bush against the back fence and I got the new roses transplanted, and I also got the herb garden done. In a couple months I will be cooking my Italian dishes with some nice fresh basil. Hopefully. :) I think in the next few days I might add a few more items to the herb garden, maybe some cilantro, which I love, and some lavender, which I am told should be planted for good luck! Who couldn't use a little more of that? It was a productive day, but it is still frustrating that my Fibromyalgia keeps me from doing more. Sigh.



I gave the roses a fine misting this evening, with some plant food, and when I stepped back, it looked as each one had been edged with delicate lace. It was of course little water beads, but I thought it caught the sun just right. I took a few shots with the camera, and I really liked what I saw. I think I might try for the same photo, only next time with the softer color of a sunrise. My garden gets all the early sun, so it could be rather pretty I think. Lots and lots of color... yep... that's what I am looking for. Speaking of color... I am trying to talk Alan into getting a white-barked maple tree. I would love some autumn leaves to help bring the yard to life. Keep your fingers crossed for me. He and I are also talking about some additional dwarf fruit trees. I could go for that as well. :) I will be a happy girl either way.

Since I decided to come in from the garden early yesterday, I thought I might do a little online shopping for Elvis's Halloween costume for this year. I like to price things early. I think I have it narrowed down to the choices below...



I think the Bandito costume would suit him, but the vampire cape would be easy for him to wear. Still, with the Bandito costume, he would have a new hat. Always a plus with him. In previous years he has been a clown, a pumpkin, a yellow and black bug, a Devil, Micky Mouse, and a pirate. LOL. Sometimes he still asks to wear his pumpkin hat, of course I let him. He looks so silly, but way too cute. I don't know which one we will go with. We'll see. :)

My day was a bit fragmented yesterday, but I know I am doing the best I can. That feels good. I need to return a call to H.P. in a little while. He called, but I was elsewhere. Sigh. I sent him a text and told him I would call late. Thank goodness he keeps the same hours I do. LOL. Our friendship was definitely meant to be! I have had the Goo Goo Dolls playing a concert in my head all day, so I looked them up on YouTube a little while ago, and found them singing with Elmo. Tee Hee. I LOVE Elmo, but have never been able to figure out what kind of monster he is. Do you know? :) Enjoy the video, it's just toooo cute. :)

-OndineMonet

"Lace Roses"
Berkeley, California
June 17th, 2007
Late Afternoon

No comments: